Saturday 3 April 2010

Real Boss





This dude and http://www.sporcle.com/ (geography quizzes mainly) have been dominating forces in distracting me from looking for a job.

I’ve pretty much given myself the task of naming all the countries in the world in 15 minutes. There are 195, I am yet to attempt this task, concentrating on naming the countries in each continent first.

I hold Peter Lally responsible for this stupid task, as he showed me the name all 50 U.S states quiz which has lead to me becoming borderline obsessed with the rest of the geography quizzes.

I guess theres worse things I could be doing, I have after all often found geography to be a weak spot.

Also it makes me feel a bit like I’m on that old Saturday night t.v program where the families had to compete to learn a new task/skill, a different one for each of the members of the family. If they all did the task (anything from doing 500 hula hoop rotations to... naming all of the countries in the world). The only difference is that should I be successful in my task, I don’t have the opportunity to win £1,000,000 of prizes, or whatever you could win on the t.v program if the other family members also completed their tasks. Oh no, the prize for me would be a fair less satisfying feeling of mild achievement coupled with a fairly large feeling of relief.

I can’t seem to remember what the program was called though. Hopefully I will have better luck with the countries.

I’m currently working on Oceania, damn some of those Pacific islands have awkward names for an unemployed English bro to try and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment